Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Summer

It's finally here, no not summer in general, if i celebrated every time summer came around I'd think myself a lunatic.  The entirely too hot days, followed by the long hours of yard work still haunt my dreams at night.  But my final summer, before college, and the "real" world is finally here.  I hope it's exciting, its been built up for years now, and my parents keep saying it'll be one of the best ones of my life.  Personally, i don't know how it's any different than the other ones, except for the fact that its the last one.  But that shouldn't make it too special, its not really a final break as much as a transition into adult life.  I'll be working almost every day, paying for my own meals, getting ready to live on my own, taking out student loans, and in general learning the big secret to becoming an adult (which better be a good one).  So, as much as i will try to make the most of this so called final "break", i will have to prepare myself for life on my own in the process, and that doesn't leave too much room for dilly dally.  But enough of this cynicism, i am going to do my best to hang out with friends as much as possible, starting with the fabled senior week (which also better bee good).  and of course, my natural instincts will help me get out of most of the yard work required of me.  In the end, i have run out of time to write the rest of this post, just like i will run out of time to do everything i ever wanted to this summer.  That sounds a lot sadder than i meant for it to, but whatever, GOODBYE.

No comments:

Post a Comment